Today Steve Jones, Rhys' Dad paid tribute to the support they have received from Evertonians everywhere.
Steve says: "Melanie, Owen and myself would like to send our heartfelt thanks to Evertonians the world over for all they have done for us over the past 16 traumatic months. We have been deeply touched by the thousands of messages of support we have received. The kindness and understanding shown by the Evertonian family helped sustain us. Liverpool is a unique city, Everton is a very special football club - Rhys loved it to bits. We send our thanks and love to all supporters, staff and players." (16/12/08)
If anyone would like to pay their own tribute for Rhys, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
* Along with myself and our dad he is a season ticket holder in the top balcony, please do not think my brother was part of any gang, he was just an innocent boy in the wrong place at the wrong time. He loved Everton, Loved playing football and idolised players such Lescott, Yobo, Arteta, AJ to name a few of his favourites, Spent all his money on every everton kit possible just to show how proud he was to be an evertonian, he was a cracking little player aswell, with the first touch, control and power over the ball as well as being capable of delivering crosses and scoring goals with his favoured left foot.
I hope you
understand somewhat, the pain I and my family are feeling at the moment,
and I hope to god that the thug that fired at Rhys is caught and gets
his punishment for taking such a promising life away and that this murder
highlights the problems in our society and that something WILL now be
done, because I do not want anybody anywhere blue or red feeling what
myself and my family currently are. R.I.P. My little brother you will
never be forgotten. Thank you all for your sympathy, my mum and dad have
also read your replies (on the Blue Kipper forum). Owen Jones.
* It's unthinkable that a young kid playing football can end up being killed. My heart, prayers and sympathy go out to the family. I've got young children of my own and I can't begin to imagine just how Rhys's family are feeling right now. I just hope that whoever carried out this act is brought to justice. It's unbelievable and such a tragic waste of a young life. Tim Cahill.
* Everybody at Everton would like to pass on their best wishes to the family of Rhys. It's a terrible tragedy. Something that should never have happened in this city or any city. I trust the people who know about it will come forward. It's a good city. It's an important place Liverpool. For everybody's sake, anyone who knows about it should come forward and help the police in this investigation. David Moyes
Z-Cars will be played prior to the start of the Toulouse
Champions League Qualifier game at Anfield tonight. Rhys' uncle Neil Jones
admits the family have been overwhelmed by such a show of support from
the Blues' city rivals.
of people attended the vigil held in front of Croxteth Hall, at Croxteth
Country Park, at 4pm on Sunday 2nd September 2007. Rhys’s parents Melanie
and Stephen Jones lit a candle in memory of their son.
we are sending out today is that we are united against those who seek
to destroy the lives of others. Their actions cause terrible damage to
people, and they are a blight on our city. But we will not let them win.
We will stand up against them and make sure there is nowhere for them
to hide. We want to lock up this idiotic murderer. The police have received,
and are receiving information, but they need evidence to convict this
The funeral of Rhys Jones will take place today at Liverpool's Anglican Cathedral at 2.00pm. He will be buried at a private ceremony attended by family and close friends. His parents said bright clothes or football strips should be worn for the service. The cathedral service will follow a funeral procession from the Jones family home in Croxteth past Goodison Park. Every senior Everton player who is not on international duty will attend. Organisers asked for family flowers only and said donations could be made to Alder Hey Children's Hospital, where Rhys was pronounced dead last Wednesday.
Ian Ross, Everton FC spokesman says: "Every senior player who is not on international duty will attend. They all wanted to be there. They see it as their duty really, and those who can't attend are very sorry they will not be able to pay their respects to Rhys."
* Melanie and Steve Jones. I never write about this sort of thing, so why now, what has urged me to write this e mail, to Melanie and Steve Jones a couple I have never met. I cant comprehend there grief, I dont have children. Pretty much the only degree of seperation I have with them, is that I to love Everton football club. Hell, I dont know how you are feeling. What I do know is you have been a shining example through all this of what is good in the world you have remained calm, composed, where you have your strength from i dont know - you clearly had a young man (and have another) you must be very proud of. I dont know if time will heal your wounds, but if there was any justice in the world, they will soon. And I'm sure Rhys is up there with his boots on (and his horrendous new 3rd kit), and he too will be as proud of you,as you are of him. my thoughts are with you. N. Thomas. (20/12/08)
THE TRIAL IS OVER
TRIAL IS OVER, AND JUSTICE IS DONE
GOD. LOOK AFTER RHYS, AND KEEP HIM CLOSE BY
WHILE PLAYING HIS HEART OUT, HE’S NOT ON HIS OWN
HE’LL HAVE PLENTY OF TRAINER’S, THEY WONT LET HIM REST
YOU WILL ALWAYS BE A WINNER, REST IN PEACE
JACK MCDONALD. (20/12/08)
* Rest in Peace Rhys. Our deepest sympathy and heartfelt thoughts reach out to your family. Allan, Daphne, Liam & Charlie Broad (The Amsterdam Blues)
* Rest in peace young Rhys, God bless. Albert and Siobhan(aged12), Bristol.
* To all the family members and friends, please accept my deepest apologies for the terrible tragedy. When i wear my everton shirt form now on i will not only wear it with pride i will wear it with tribue to the young boy Rhys Jones (1995 - 2007) Rest In Peace. Yours Sincerely. Andrew Clark, Manchester
* RIP LIL MAN. They say God only takes the best. My deepest sympathy goes out to mum dad and brother Owen and to all relatives and friends goodnight god bless lil man. Yours Sincerely. Chris Dunwoodie
* To little Rhys, from one blue to another we prey you now rest in peace. Deepest sympathy to all the family and friends, and to all the reds out there what a fitting and honurable tribute, united as one. THANKYOU from a true blue. Ben Kelly
* My thoughts and prayers with your family and friends Rhys matey, hope Alan Ball is teaching you some silky skills and your giving Labby the runaround! You've left your seat at Goodison but entered the hearts of a whole city. Sleep well Rhys. Dom Mosses.
* The funeral occasion was joyful and sad in the one emotion. All those that spoke were eloquent and the words held deep meaning. It was good to see the Everton squad in attendance, and I commend them all for being part of the congregation. The club has come out of this sadness with aplomb and accreditation. So well done to the team for showing their softer side for all those whom maybe watching. Regards Andy Webb
* To the brave and courageous parents of little Rhys Jones; Stephen and Melaine and big brother Owen, we united with you in your loss and share your pain. Rhys will always be with you in everything you do and keeping watch over you. Your bravery, courage and determination has touched each and every one of us and is an inspiration to us all - continue to be strong. To little Rhys; the good guy. I'm sorry WE have let YOU down!!! You're safe now in heaven - no one can ever hurt you. You don't ever have to be scared again little fella - you're in gods hands and I know he will look after you. Your infectious smile and the love you gave your mam, dad and big brother will go on and touch those in heaven with you. Sleep well Rhys....
you know my name if I saw you in heaven?
Goodnight and God bless. See you in heaven one day little fella. Jay Mayren, Preston, Lancashire
* From one blue nose to another. You keep watching us from above. goodnight and gobless you. Sam (park ender)
* I know you don't know me at all. My name is Sarah and i have 3 daughters the eldest is 12 . I have followed your heart wrenching story in the news for the last few weeks and everyday my prayers have been with you all. I really admire the way you have held your heads up high and put on such a brave face through your time of sadness. My husband is in the british Army and has just returned from serving in Iraq yet again (this is 4 times in as many years) I cannot comprehend exactly what you are going through, but i really do understand how you must be feeling. When I read the poem you had written in memory of Rhys it filled me with tears of sadness and of joy. When I saw all the tributes that had been left for him, it made my heart not so heavy, knowing that there are so many loving, good people in this world and that we are all behind you 100%. My middle daughter is 8 and has asked me if there is a god why did he let such a horrible thing happen to rhys? I answered the best I could, I read her the poem and I told her god has a reason for letting it happen. My 12 year old has taken it badly even though we don't know you trying to explain how something so tragic has touched everyone so deeply is a task itself. I just wanted you to know my thoughts are with you all the time, we must all stand united against this heinous crime and we must be brave. Justice must be done and i pray that the culprit comes forward sooner rather than later, how can people hide this scum and pretend nothing has happened when you have lost your sunshine . How dare they live their life as if nothing ever happened, if i knew who it was believe me i would shop them to the police. I look at the pictures of Rhys. I see his smile and his cheeky face and i can see he was a fun loving , caring, kind, little boy who bought joy into your family. My words probably don't stand for much and i do understand that , but remember how lucky you were to be blessed with a son like Rhys. My thoughts and wishes are with you all. Sarah and family.
* Just like to say RIP and you will never be forgotten. I hope the people that done this will get caught and get what they deserve. Everton was your team and my team and the whole of Liverpool will remember you. The people that done this to you will come to justice. Gary, Walton
* MY DEEPEST CONDOLENCES & SYMPATHY GO TO THE JONES FAMILY, THIS TRAGIC EVENT HAS TOUCHED EVERY BLUE AROUND THE WORLD. I TOO HAVE A YOUNG SON WHO IS 8. HE ASKED ME THIS QUESTION THE OTHER DAY " WHY DID THIS NAUGHTY PERSON DO THIS DAD?" I COULDN'T EVEN GIVE HIM AN ANSWER, LIKE SO MANY OF US WE ARE TOTALLY DUMB STRUCK AS TO WHY THIS CAN HAPPEN. I ONLY HOPE THAT THE "SCUMBAG" THAT CARRIED OUT THIS TERRIBLE ACT IS FINALLY BROUGHT TO JUSTICE, AND THAT THE JONES FAMILY CAN FINALLY REST LITTLE RHYS IN PEACE. GOODNIGHT & GOD BLESS SUNSHINE YOU WILL FOREVER BE IN OUR HEARTS. DAVE, JILL & ALEX Mc
* Night night little fella. You'll be playing with Labby, Dean, Bally and all the other blue greats. Adam Bradley
* This has shocked me beyond belief. Lets sort this out once and for all. Somebody out there knows. Lets put this to an end right now. Goodnite god bless little fella. Deepest sympathy to all the family for this dreadful loss. From Steve/Linda and family.
* GOD HAS TAKEN YOU TOO EARLY RHYS. IT'S ALWAYS THE WRONG PEOPLE THAT GO. EVERYTIME I'M AT GOODISON OR PUT MY EVERTON TOP ON I'LL ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER FOR YOU. SINCE YOU HAVE GONE TO THE BLUE HOUSE IN THE SKY THERE WILL BE PLENTY OF BLUE FANS AND EVERTON HEROES TO LOOK AFTER YOU. GOD BLESS. YOU WILL BE IN EVERTON FANS HEARTS FOREVER. STEVE BLUENOSE+FAMILY.
* In Gods' Arms by Chris
In our thoughts and prayers. Chris, Gaz & chloe. Nottm xx
* This little cherub has touched all our lives and things will never quite be the same. No parent should ever bury a child. We can possibly get our heads around illness and accidents. They're beyond our control. But this? It's sick beyond belief. The strength, courage and dignity the Jones family have shown has made me feel very humble. Their grief is unimaginable. I pray the scum that did this, the scum that raised it, and the scum associated with it, never have a moments' peace in their sad, sick, pathetic existences. Agnes x
News travels far, so being on the other side of the world did'nt detract
me and other Evertonians feeling the sadness for the loss of life for
such a young boy, under tragic circumstances. My heart is heavy for him,
his family and friends, and hope the out pouring of support
* I would like to offer on behalf of my family and myself our condolences to the Jones family on the needless death of young Rhys, as a father I don’t know how I would cope with this but I can see from all the messages that Everton is more than just a football club it is a family and I can see why I have grown to love Everton and Merseyside so much since I started supporting this club. I don’t know many people in Liverpool but I really feel that I do when reading all the messages. Well done to LFC for their support. Gary D, Irish Blue
* You are never alone Rhys. you're in our thoughts daily. You have left a heartbroken family and a heartbroken football club. Whatever Everton achieve in the future. It will all be for you. Rest in Peace little fella. Mark Ellis. Wrexham blue.
* RIP the little blue boy you will never be forgotten and don't worry Jones family Diana will look after him. I am the same age as him and I feel very sad. His family are very brave. All Everton legends who passed away will look after him too. You seemed so nice so innocent. No one deserves to go this way especially not you. You will be missed Rhys. Lots love. Blue Girl Leah xxx
* SLEEP PEACEFULLY RHYS. ONCE A BLUE ALWAYS A BLUE XXXX. THE KING FAMILY CROXTETH.
* With deepest sympathy to the Jones family. God only takes the best. The Mcferran family (NILS SATIS NISI OPTIMUM)
* Meet up every week with my good Shite mates here in Detroit. It has been a while since we have all been in agreement. This is without doubt the biggest tradegy we have ever witnessed. How the hell could you do that to a fellow human being. Let alone a lad who looked so precious. Sorry son, you didn't deserve that. Rich Fogg.
* I didn't know you that well but I sit in front of you at the match. You were a very funny and nice guy. You will be missed lots. R.I.P. Paul
* Rest in Peace Rhys. Words fail me. My prayers and thoughts are with his family at this dreadful time. Stay strong. Goodnight and god bless. Once a blue, always a blue. Love Jessica xxxxxxxxx
* Hereby we want to wish Rhys' family all the strength they need in this difficult time.
are one, though we are many
Vincent and Henk Kettering. Dutch Evertonians. Neede, Netherlands
* As parents and lifelong Evertonians ourselves, this terrible taking of such a young and beautiful boy has left us in a terrible state of shock. I can't imagine how on earth Mr and Mrs Jones and their other son Owen are coping with this. Someone out there knows the person who did this. If you do, and don't come forward, you, are as bad as the killer. You are an accessory to murder. You have this little boys blood on your hands. People know this killer. So come forward now and let the Jones family mourn their beautiful little lad without worrying about his murderer being loose on the streets. RIP Rhys. From Tony and Joan, Emma and Tom. Liverpool
* On the day of true blue Rhys's funeral may I take this opportunity to send the Jones family our deepest sympathy on this what will be another very sad day for them all. Our hearts go out to them and hope the murderer is flushed out and brought to justice. God bless little fella. from Brian Jones and family (Liverpool)
* I am a Wolves fan, but it does not matter who you support at a time like this. We should all pull together and find the scum who did this to a little blue boy. If you are looking down on us Rhys, may you R.I.P. and take comfort that you will never be forgotten by your nearest and dearest.God take care of the little blue boy and watch over his family in their time of sadness.The Jones family, our thoughts and prayers are with you always. From the Mitchell family
* Although I am half a world away, and never had the pleasure of meeting you Rhys, you were my Evertonian Brother. May you Rest In Peace. My sincerest condolences to Melanie, Stephen and Owen, my thoughts are with you. Kris. Western Australia
* Our prayers and thoughts are with the Jones family at this tragic time. We lost r mam to cancer last November so the little man is in safe hands, amazing tributes from both teams. Thanks lfc. R.I.P. Rhys. nil satis nisi optimum x x x x goodnight blueboy x x x x x ALL OF THE BYRNE FAMILY
* Just realised reading Rhys' brothers message before I may have sat next to or by the Jones's in the Top balcony. Could of been anyone!! All my love to your family. Will K from Anfield
Don't know where to start when I don't know how some one can be feeling.
Unimaginable heart ache.
* Could I pass on my deepest sympathy to all the Jones family on the sad loss of Rhys. Would any one with info please contact police or crimestoppers. Robby Mc from Norris Green.
* R.I.P. Rhys, Z Cars will be welcoming you into heaven, I hope the person who did this is caught and punished for what they have done. This tragedy have brought Everyone together from both sides. I offer my deepest sympathy with the Jones Family. (Nil Satis Nisi Optimum). Chris Anakin From Huyton
* Goodbye little man you will be missed I feel I have lost a brother. I give my prayers and sympathy to mum dad and brother but I no they don't want it they want justice done I wish I could help. Like your dad said we will all be there one day with our boots on playing footy with you. Can't wait mate R.I.P. From Danny Bryan your blue brother!
* To The Jones family, Our deepest sympathy goes out to you all at this very sad time. There are 3 season ticket holders in are family and they each said how moving the minute of applause was for young Rhys, Keep scoring in heaven little man. Brian, Julie and Family. Norris Green
* R.I.P. little blue, look after him Bally he,s one of our own. Rolo.
Our deepest sympathy to rhys`s family, we pray they catch the thugs and
bring them to justice. God bless ,
* How brave your lovely family have been. Keep watch over them brave little man. God bless. Icklswan.
* Look after him Labby. From Gary
* How do you start an email like this, its just wrong how can it be allowed to happen. Our thoughts and best wishes to the family of Rhys, Melanie,Stephen and Owen. Our love. Thomas & Michael Hennessy
* My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this devastating time. Whatever colour red or blue everybody is hoping and praying that they find Rhys' killer. He was just a kid who loved football. Good Night God Bless Rhys - You'll Never Walk Alone. Julie (LFC supporter in Preston).
every other person on Merseyside and beyond I am appalled by this tragic
killing of little Rhys. My heart goes out to the family. My little poem
gives my feelings. Paul Muldoon
* I am not from Liverpool or even an Everton or Liverpool fan, but my heart bleeds at your loss of such a nice decent boy. Rhys has one of the cheekiest grins I have ever seen. I think our world is darker for the loss of your son. I pray that in time you may get comfort. Sandra.
* To Melanie, Steve and Owen. Cannot begin to express my sadness at your loss. No-one should have to suffer the loss of a child and my heart as does every other Evertonian, Liverpudlian and Parent goes out to you. Please know you have the thoughts and prayers from us all. I was so emotional listening to 'z cars; at the beginning of the Liverpool game, and then to hear 'You'll Never Walk Alone' says it all. Every decent person in this city whether red or blue are behind you to offer you support. God Bless you All. Toffeelady68 and family x
* Couldn't imagine what the Jones family are feeling right now but all thoughts from my own family and friends are with them. Rest in peace in a better place Rhys. Graeme.
* Deepest sympathy to all of Rhys`s family , We all hope that the person who did this to an innocent little lad ,is caught a.s.a.p, or has the courage to own up up to what they ve done ... For Rhys s Family's sake , ....it wont bring their little toffeeman back , but Justice for Rhys ! Rest in Peace ,little man ...Forever Young ! ` Nil Satis Nisi Optimum ` from kelle + kids ,Kirkdale ...(EFC Forever ! True Blues ! ) To All The Jones Family, Your In Everyone's Thoughts ! Kelly XXX
God Bless little Toffee, from a 50 year old life-long Koppitte. Nil Satis, Nisi Optimum. Justice will be done.
* To Steve, Mel and Owen, sending heartfelt sympathy to you all. I remember the day Rhys was born and how proud you were to have another footballer in the family. You didn't deserve this (no-one does). I just hope that the killer and all those that was with him on that terrible night gets brought to justice quickly. My thoughts are with you all, keep strong. Both Everton and Liverpool FC did Rhys proud. Goodnight God Bless, sleep tight little blue boy, Rhys xxx. Susan & Mike. Skelmersdale
* Our thoughts and sympathy are with your loving loyal family, goodbye little toffee, so hard to understand how something so tragic could happen to a little lad just doing what most eleven year old boys playing football. Whoever caused this family such tragic grief should do the decent thing and turn themselves in to the police, because they will catch up with you sooner or later. R.I.P. little fellah. Love Mally Moore Wirral x
* From a Blue to a Blue i just wanted to say Rest In Peace mate and am absolutely gutted at this tragedy. I didn't know u mate but i feel like i did and whenever i see pictures of you in your Everton kit i get really emotional and really sad. Its probably because I'm a father myself and my son is like yourself never has his kit off or never stops playing footy. Keep playing footy up there with Bally and Labone and we will all be joining in with you soon mate. Every one is thinking of you and your family. Rest in peace Rhys... Fredson Family
* R.I.P Little Fella, My Thoughts Are With Yer Lad, Aswell As The Fans And Everton Supporters Round The World. William
* For Mr & Mrs Jones, Owen and all the Jones family. Amazing courage and dignity displayed by all of you. God bless you all. As an outsider of your personal family I hope the support shown by blues, reds, scousers and non-scousers alike is of some comfort to you. It shows how special Rhys is when the long forgotten, much envied and much maligned solidarity of our great City came to the fore when the staff and patrons of both EFC and LFC paid Rhys the tributes they did. R.I.P. Rhys. Keep kicking that ball mate - you and your family didn't deserve this! Blue Scouse xxx
* My deepest condolences go to the family of Rhys. Rest in Peace. I hope the powers that be catch the coward who did this, and that they also remove all the so called "Do Gooders" from their high Perch, and let the Police get on with jobs, so no other families have to go through the unimaginable pain and suffering that Rhys' family have gone through. You are in my prayers. Tony Ashley and Family.
* Very sad news about Rhys Jones words just fail me. My deepest Sympathy to the Jones family and friends. Your in our thoughts and prayers at this sad time. God bless you and keep you in these days of sorrow. Raymond Chambers. Linfield fc fan Northern Ireland.
* To All The Jones family, you have shown such strength and unity and pride it touches us all. One more Toffeeman in heaven for the team. Good night and God bless Rhys. Bally and Dixie will look after you now. Sleep tight little man. Joyce Loten. Blue or 56yrs and always will be. Living in Chichester Sussex
* Deepest sympathy to the Jones family on your tragic loss, stay strong and justice will be done. Rhys was your son and most of us never knew him, but he has touched all our hearts and we will never forget him. he will no doubt be playing footy with dixie and labby. Thanks to lfc for your tribute. The Blackburn family.
* Our hearts go out to you. Our only solace is seeing in our mind's eye that Rhys is playing up in heaven with Bill Dean, Bally, Labby and all the other blue greats up there. May you one day all be re-united in Heaven. God bless you, little fella. Love and best wishes from Ellie and Pete. Formerly of Ellerton Way L12, now in Singapore.
* Sleep tight little fella XXXXx. Once a BLUE ALWAYS a BLUE. Howard family, New Zealand.
* Good night, God bless Rhys. With heartfelt sympathy to Melanie, Stephen and Owen. An absolute tragedy. Love Shirley Power and family ( Old Broad Square school friend of Melanie ).
* To Steve, Mel and Owen, sending heartfelt sympathy to you all. I remember the day Rhys was born and how proud you were to have another footballer in the family. You didn't deserve this (no-one does). I just hope that the killer and all those that was with him on that terrible night gets brought to justice quickly. My thoughts are with you all, keep strong. Both Everton and Liverpool FC did Rhys proud. Goodnight God Bless, sleep tight little blue boy, Rhys xxx. Susan & Mike. Skelmersdale.
* We're avid Liverpool fans but football crosses all boundaries when a tragedy like this occurs. Our hearts & minds are with Rhys & his family at this time. With heartfelt deepest sympathy. God bless all of you from The Ward family in Wakefield
* If only the best will do, then you are certainly one of the best. Rest in peace little fella. Melanie, Stephen and Owen May you have the strength to keep keeping on. There are people in the area who categorically know committed this heinous crime and others who have a strong inkling who committed this heinous crime. Giving up the murderer is just beginning of your pain. You might as well start your own life sentence. Blackandblu
* nil satis nisi optimum (only the best is good enough) Rhys Jones XxXxXx Nick & Jodie Ellesmere port x
* My thoughts and prayers are with your family. I was so touched and moved by your Dignity during this whole ordeal. You guys have proven beyond doubt that good people are worth a thousand to one of the scum which has ben allowed to roam our city and country. You have shown that good people are the majority and I am sorry that it has cost Rhys his young life in order for the community to stand together united against the low-life which has show such contempt for society. I hope the person who carried out this crime is not only caught and prosecuted but the evil people who have been involved in this chain are brought to justice too. Mr and Mrs Jones you and your family should be proud of yourselves. To the scum who caused this senseless loss, ARE YOU PROUD? Richard Melton.
* Rest in peace little man ! NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM… my thoughts are with the Jones family….all my love Emily from Bootle. Thanks. Emily Speers.
* I've never cried so much for someone I didn't know. Rhys's family have come across as strong, brave and decent people and my prayers are with them. Cheryl Mc xxx
Dear Jones family, may I offer our families deepest sympathy to you all.
My three sons and I were at the match on Saturday. I hope you know that
we are all standing along side you. Rhys sounded a really nice boy, I
am sure he is enjoying playing with all the blues. Well done to all across
the park for last night, a fitting tribute. See you soon little blue.
God Bless. Steve, Shirley, Gaz, Stu & Ant. (Hughes)
Rest in Peace Rhys - one of the good guys, not involved in anything he shouldn't have been, a really good kid from a really good home who did not deserve this. To the Jones family - you have conducted yourselves with a dignity that even when seen is difficult to believe in the face of what you have endured - if only the kids caught up in gang culture/guns/drugs had a family like you then we would not be facing such tragic news - I hope they and their families are totally and utterly ashamed. You are an absolute credit to Rhys, and you also stand for the Liverpool I know and love - not the world of guns and crime portrayed by many. A big thank you to LFC for their tribute too - again a reflection of what the city of Liverpool is really all about.
To the people that know who did this. An 11 year old child with his whole life ahead of him is now gone due to your feuds over what? Grow up, realise the value of the life you have been given and that has been taken away from little Rhys and those who loved him - realise the effects on those left behind - his Mum & Dad, his brother, his wider family, his eleven year old playmates. Do the right thing - turn this kid in along with the supplier of his gun and everyone in his insignificant little gang. We should be more scared of the consequences if people don't give information and allow these people to stay on the streets of our city. Joanna Joynson. xxxx
Were you looking down from Heaven Rhys,
* For the Family and Relatives I send my condolences and pray they find the strength to cope in this harrowing time. Julian Lee, Scouse blue in living in Frankfurt, Germany.
* Z Cars at Anfield, I bet that definitely put a cheeky smile on the little blue mans face, well done LFC. Good night and god bless little toffeeman, we all love you lots, Nil Satis Nisi Optimum x x x x George H. And all from the little blue bit of Brixham in Devon x x x x
* To Steve, Melanie, Owen. You are a tower of strength. Watched you at the Blackburn game, stay strong. Rhys was a good guy, you’re a good family. god bless you. Thanks to lfc. Terry, bluenose xxxxx
* I would like to pass on the deepest sympathy of myself and all my family to the family of Rhys Jones. What has happened is a terrible injustice. I never met Rhys but it is easy to tell he was a nice kid who wanted nothing more than to play football with his mates and emulate his heroes such as AJ, Arteta and Lescott. I'm sure all the shirts and boots left by the lads will be much appreciated by Rhys' family. It must be a difficult period for all Rhys' family and friends and while nothing can replace what they have lost I hope the knowledge that they have such a colossal amount of support not just from Evertonians but from supporters of all clubs and people from all walks of life will help them through these times. It is essential that the mindless thug behind this act is caught. R.I.P. little Rhys. you will be forever remembered by all of the Everton family. I'm sure you are up there now playing a game of footy, jumpers for goalposts, with all the other blues up there like I'm sure you would have wanted one day, just not so soon. Goodnight and God bless Rhys Jones - Nil Satis Nisi Optimum. Paul Howells
* We stood united tonight. The playing of Everton's anthem was a great tribute tonight and it was pleasing to see Merseyside unite for such a terrible tragedy. I hope your killer is brought to justice Rhys? RIP. You'll never walk alone. Paul Salleh
Stephen, Melanie and Owen, I know not a thing about your son and brother
but if I read the game correctly, he is a boy whom any dad, mum or brother
should be justifiably proud. From a distance what has overwhelmed me is
the reaction of the good people of Liverpool (both Blue and Red) to what
is a tragedy which no-one could have foreseen.
* R.I.P. Rhys. I am only 12 and it makes you think how lucky we are to still be here! I was at the match and it was a great atmosphere! It's a shame you wont be able to go and watch the blues anymore! See you mate. Callum Dumbell
* Goodnight & God bless little man. Thoughts are with mum, dad & big brother, such a tragic loss of one so young. Someone out there, someone reading this knows who murdered this little boy, give them up! A blue but above all a dad! Tony McFarlane
* I won't begin to image what the family must be going through, but my thoughts and sympathy is with the family of little Rhys, Good night god bless. Sue a Liverpool fan
* I was at the Blackburn game and clapped away with the rest of the crowd in what was an extremely emotional minute of applause. I commend the family for the way they have handled the aftermath of this terrible event. I hope they take some comfort from the applause and also Z Cars at Anfield, which was another amazing moment. May the scum that did this rot in jail for years to come. May Rhys rest in peace. And may the family find the strength to get through this tragic time in their lives. Danny Broderick.
* R.I.P. Rhys. sos lad. Macca from Fazzak.
* Rhys, You are now playing football with the Angels and I hope that the Tribute tonight at Anfield brought a big smile to your lovely little face, Z Cars being played and the Kop clapping for you. Reds and Blues united for you tonight little Toffeeman. Rest in Peace. Sincere sympathies to Melanie, Stephen and Owen. Justice will prevail and give you peace.God bless Rhys, you were a little star with a great left foot. We all miss you even those who never know you. Susan xx Evertonian in Bournemouth
* RIP - little lad, When I am at the match on Saturday, I will be thinking of you and your family. Jacqui (lower Gwladys)
* R.I.P. Rhys I would like to pass on my deepest sympathies to the family of Rhys. I only hope that in some way your loss will result in a safer world for all our children and that the person responsible sees justice delivered in full. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum. Dan, St. Helens.
* Just like to say we are so sorry for the loss of Rhys, A lad who obviously just loved his footy and was clearly loved by all, Very very sad news. No consolation I know but I was once told, "god only takes the good guys 1st" That went a long way with me. Ste, Kerry & Katie-Ellen Jones, Runcorn
* To the Jones Family: No words I write will ease your suffering and grief. I hope you find some comfort in the level of support you have received, God Bless You To Young Rhys: Rest in peace young one and I am sure the world will be poorer place without you in it. Take Care lad. Mick Southall: A Paratrooper serving in Holland and a Blue.
* Rest with the best little man, what a waste -- South West Blue
* What a terrible waste of a young lad's life. R.I.P. P. Dawson. 1878
* My deepest sympathy goes to the whole family. I'm sure the Everton legends Labone, Bally and of course Dixie will be there waiting for you. The applause on saturday was superb unbelievable courage from the the Mother, Father and the Brother total admiration for them Goodnight God Bless Rhys Gone but never forgotten by every Evertonian xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Gallagher Family
* Dear Mr and Mrs Jones. I'd like to send you my deepest sympathy at this most difficult time. I have a son and live in the Norris Green area and I feel your pain. Saturday I was at the Everton game against Blackburn and was so touched by the moment. Your a credit to the people of Liverpool. God bless xx Scouser
* Everton fans are born and not made , we do not pick we are only chosen. When we lose one we lose one of our family. Everybody who was there on Saturday all felt the sadness and grief that surrounds this terrible event. Even though i never knew you Rhys i will think off you every time i take my seat at Goodison and pray to god that no more young children lose there life in this evil world we live in - See you in heaven little man - Steve w
* Rest in peace kidda. Once a blue always a blue. To the Jones family – our hearts and thoughts are with you. Arran and familyxxxxxxxx
* My thoughts and prays go out to Rhys family at this difficult time. R.I.P. Rhys God Bless. From Joejoeblue
* To Mel, Steve and Owen, Your loss is beyond comprehension,the needless waste of such a little boy bears no understanding.The talk of the shop is all about the person who did this heinous act.We all support you all from near and afar.Our thoughts are with you,our hearts have all been broken. I stood at Goodison on saturday, the applause deafening,the tears rolling down many cheeks.You have all conducted yourselves with dignity and fortitude. I wish something could be said to ease your pain,but this is impossible. Sending you all my heart felt sympathies. Andy (stock control)
* I think I can speak for all Dutch Evertonians, wherever they are, that this is a great loss for our blue family. My thoughts are with his family. Mathijs Verhagen, Leiden, The Netherlands
* As a young Evertonian, i was shocked and upset that we have yet again lost one of our own , but one such young little innocent boy, with the world at his feet who like us loved the blues and would have been proud to see your tribute, like one of the many great tributes we have unfortunately given out, and little lad your tribute was up their with the rest, you are an Everton legend and will never be forgotten, my whole entire family's heart's go out to you and you family, I'm going to say R.I.P. now Rhys and promise us blues fans that you will still cheer us on in europe, I'm sure EFC will dedicate everything or anything we win this season to you! You will never be forgotten NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM Rhys Jones True Blue. The Whole Gaster Family
* To Rhys, My thoughts and prayers are for your family at this incredibly difficult time for them. You I am sure are now safe and well and kicking a ball about with Dixie, Bally and the rest. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum. From a London based Blue. Enda.
* Mr & Mrs Jones and Owen – I’m not sure if any words of condolence can help you and as a father myself I can only imagine the pain you and your family are having to deal with at such a sad loss. I hope in time you can find the strength to overcome the loss of your little boy. After reading the many messages here I’m sure you realise that you can count on the love and support of Evertonians everywhere. God Bless XXXX. Colin – Northampton Blue
* My heart goes out to the family of Rhys its only a matter of time before the scum that took Rhys`s life is caught and gets what he deserves. Goodnight god bless Rhys. nil satis nisi optimum. Joanne and family xxxxxx
* xxYour in my heart your in my soul xx. Everton and football was your life and someone took that away from you they will soon be found and when they do I hope they suffer for taking such a young life. all due respects to the Jones family I cant explain what you must be going through with all the love and respect take care he will soon be found ... Stephen Dewsbury
* Never before have i been so moved to tears for someone i don't know, but the strength of character that your family has shown over the past few days will be something that i will never forget. God Bless Rhys and we know you will watching on the 20th Oct right alongside Dixie, Labby and Bally. take care little man. Jamie and Melanie
* I was born and raised in Crockie, I am currently living in Guernsey and until a couple of seasons ago had a season ticket. My heart goes out to all the family, such a tragic event, I hope the true people of Liverpool speak out and get the vermin that have done this. I read a poem that one of his mates wrote. It was heartbreaking so God knows what the family must be going through. God bless the little blue Rhys. Kev Taylor in Guernsey, Channel Islands
* To Melanie,Steve & Owen firstly let us send our heartfelt sympathy to you all at this most tragic time, such a waste of a life of such a talented and truly loved child of yours. We as parents can not imagine what you must be going through at the moment, we were at the Everton match on Saturday and to see and hear both sets of fans join and pay their respects to a little boy who the majority of us there have never met just shows how deeply affected the whole nation has become over the death of your beloved son,this just shows whether you knew Rhys or not we as a nation are all truly disgusted at this unlawful killing of such an innocent young lad and hope they catch who ever is responsible for this. Keep strong as a family, remember the good times as Rhys is now looking down on you all. You have been so strong through out all of this, God Bless you all.
Secondly, Rest in peace Rhys you were taken away far to soon, we're sure you would of been a big name at Everton in the future, every time we go to a match we will spare a thought for you little man. Heaven is a better place with you there now making our skies blue again. Love and Best Wishes to All of Rhys' Family and Friends at this sad time. Love Chelle and Chris Bradley and children Everton fans from Birmingham.
* To the parents of Rhys. You have our entire deepest symphony. It’s a tragic loss for the world!!! Rest in peace kid!!! Lots of love, From HMS ILLUSTRIOUS BLUES!!!!
Bless Rhys Jones, and all His Family, He'll Always be Remembered!
* R.I.P. Rhys. Sleep with the angels now. You sound like a lovely little boy who your family were very proud of. My thoughts are with all Rhys' family. How will we ever be able to make any sense out of this crime.The thug who has committed this crime MUST be punished. Lisa - Jersey
* DEAR MR & MRS JONES AND OWEN, AS A FAMILY WE HAVE WEPT THAT YOUR LITTLE BOYS LIFE HAS BEEN CUT SHORT BY EVIL TEENAGE THUGS. WE ARE SO VERY SORRY TO HERE ABOUT THE LOSS OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL BOY RHYS.YOU ARE ALL IN OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS AND MAY YOU ALL FIND THE STRENGTH TO GET THROUGH THIS DREADFUL ORDEAL. WE DID NOT KNOW YOU RHYS BUT YOU HAVE TOUCHED OUR HEARTS. WE CAN SEE WHY YOUR FAMILY ARE SO PROUDE OF YOU. GOOD FOOTBALL PLAYER, YOU LOOKED A LITTLE STUNNER, BET YOU HAD ALL THE GIRLS CHASING AFTER YOU. ENJOY PLAYING FOOTIE WITH THE ANGELS SON. WATCH OVER YOUR MAM, DAD AND OWEN AND ALL YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS. SWEET DREAMS BIG LAD XXXXXXXXXXXXXRIP WE HOPE THE PERSON/PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS TERRIBLE CRIME BE CAUGHT AND PUNISHED (A LIFE FOR A LIFE) NO MATTER WHAT AGE. IF YOU ARE A FRIEND OR KNOW OF THIS ANIMAL THAT PULLED THE TRIGGER AND DESTROYED THE JONE'S FAMILY, PLEASE DO THE RIGHT THING AND TELL THE POLICE. HAVE A HEART............ OUR CHILDREN ARE OUR FUTURE LETS MAKE IT A SAFE PLACE FOR THEM. JULIE AN LES from EASINGTON LANE TYNE & WEAR
* We would like to show our deepest sympathy to the loss of a true blue RIP Rhys from the Ashcroft family
* Your in our hearts and in our souls. Thinking of you Rhys and the Jones family at this tragic time. God bless you all. The Mills family Pontefract, West Yorkshire
* IT IS NOW TIME FOR ALL PARENTS TO WAKE UP AND TAKE NOTE OF WHAT IS HAPPENING IN SOCIETY WITH THE YOUNG HOODED THUGS, THEY MUST KNOW WHAT THEIR KIDS ARE UP TO, THEY SHOULD PUT THEMSELVES IN THE POSITION THAT IT WAS THEIR CHILD THAT HAS COMMITED THIS MURDER, AND IMAGINE HOW THEY WOULD FEEL. BILLYBLUE
* To Stephen, Melanie and Owen Jones and your family and friends. Please accept our deepest sympathy on the loss of your little boy Rhys. The courage you have shown is amazing. I have cried tears of sadness for you all. May god bless you. Kevin, Deborah, David & Rachael Cliffe.
* I would just like to go on record to pay tribute to Liverpool FC for the fantastic gesture they have devised in order to pay tribute to little Rhys Jones before their game with Toulouse later today. To play Z Cars and take part in one minutes applause is a welcome gesture from the Red Side and it just goes to show the unity that a tragedy like this can bring about. Well done to all at Anfield and i know that the same would happen at Goodison were the roles of this horrible injustice reversed. Tom Loughrey (Irish Toffee).
* YOUR IN OUR HEARTS. YOUR IN OUR SOUL. R.I.P. M8. Stephen Budd
* Now it has been decided that we are to move to Kirkby , and that we will be looking for a new name for our new stadium, wouldn't it be a great gesture from the club to name one of the stands after Rhys? Dave(blueforever)
* Just like to send my sincere condolences to the family at this sad time. If ever you are feeling down, lost or lonely, just remember that you have thousands of people thinking of you and your little boy at this time and he will never be forgotten by this blue family. I agree with a previous mail, some kind of plaque/box in the new stadium would be more than a fitting tribute. All the best Gray, Moreton, Wirral
* May god bless this little Blue Angel, You were to young to Die, Its true what they say the good Die young. rest in peace our thoughts and Prayers are with your Family. From a Blue and Red Family in Dublin x
* Rest in Peace Little Toffee. What they have done to you is unthinkable. The hearts and minds of Evertonians everywhere have been with you since that terrible day. But now, just like Dixie and all the greats, you will be forever remembered as an Everton Legend. Tom Loughrey (Irish Bluenose).
* "Rest in peace Rhys. Our deepest sympathy and condolences to the Jones family" Everton Supporters Club Norwegian Branch
* We heard the unfortunate news about Rhys Jones. Our prayers go to their family and all involved in this senseless act. We here in America witness time and again wicked acts such as this . But it is not like that in Europe. I know Everton fans will come together and pull through this period. It was a fitting tribute the Toffees gave and Faddy scoring for his lost fan. American friends Bill and April from across the pond
* I am a Red my other half is a Blue and is a member of this forum i wanted to leave a message to say our thoughts and prayers are with the Jones Family, it was a really sad day when such a young Life was lost, Young Blue you were to young to Die and only the GOOD Die Young, You will be forever in our prayers and will never be forgotten. Rest in Peace Blue Angel xxx Love Denise Doran. The Red/Blue Family from Dublin
* To the Jones family and all that have been reduced to tears by such a tragic way to lose a loved one. No words can describe or console the grief that you are feeling, your loss has touched, reached and been felt in every corner of the globe. Please accept our deepest sympathy from the pacific island of Samoa, our prayers and thoughts are with you to support you in this painful period. Your sons memory will never be lost, his smile will be ever lasting. God bless Phil Roberts and family. Samoa
* Hi, Jones Family. My deepest and fondest thoughts are sent your way. Our Club is a family club, Rhys is a member of our family, and we mourn him accordingly. There is no way most of us can possibly imagine what you are experiencing. Sadly, all I can offer is the most heartfelt of condolences. Much Love, Steve on Oahu
* What can we say that hasn't already been said by all the good people of this world. We had never met or knew you, Rhys but hearing what your devastated family and friends say ... we wish we did .... such a beautiful person who was so cruelly taken from the people that love him.
I watched the grief my parents went through, and still do, when they lost one of my brothers to Cancer at the age of 37 and all I can say to your family is that somehow, eventually, nothing but our sadness can really pass away and think of him as living in the hearts of those he touched for nothing loved is ever lost and I can only imagine how much he was loved. I only hope and pray this helps you.
Rhys mam, dad, brother Owen and all his family, we wish you all the strength, love and prayers we can possibly send. This disgusting, vile, pond - life piece of filth who did this MUST be caught. We want to ask this scumbag how they can live with themselves for making Rhys family unable to watch this wonderful little person grown in to something that they could never have been in a million years. We will never understand you because we are nothing, in any way, like you. Mr & Mrs Jones please be content in some way in knowing the whole world is with you and willing you to get through this - keep strong for each other.
In our opinion, there must be some kind of tribute to Rhys at the new Everton ground. Something to prove to these pieces of dirt that they will never be above the good people of this world. God bless you all and say hello to my brother for me, Rhys. Much love always, little boyzie ... you will never be forgotten. Jane & Craig - Birmingham xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
* To a blue from another blue, only the good die young, so the saying goes, Rhys, you must have been one of the best, R.I.P. little blue, goodnight and god bless. from Gill and Willy Cragg, Lancaster.
* R.I.P. Rhys. love ya loads m8. You'll be sadly missed Jason Peters xxxxxxx
* To Mr & Mrs Jones & Owen. Deepest sympathy in this time of emptiness. Be proud of the diamond who shall always live in your hearts. Be strong - For Rhys. Remember the good times, I'm sure there were many. There should have been so many more. R.I.P. Rhys, one of the good guys. God bless you all. Graham & Family, Leeds.
* We would like to pass on our deepest sympathies to the family of Rhys and our thoughts are with you at this sad time. The courage you have shown is remarkable and we hope that justice will be done. From a Blue and a Red xxx
* Myself and my family would like to extend our very deepest sympathies to the Jones family, particularly Rhys' mum, dad and big brother Owen. I have not cried and felt so devastated for someone I do not know since young Jamie Bulger was tragically taken. We cannot begin to imagine how you all must feel. Please Liverpool do not shield this monster, someone somewhere knows the bastard who committed this dreadful, devastating crime bring them to justice. Rest In Peace little man. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum. Lisa Irving and Family.
* R.I.P. RHYS What a waste of a young life, I am a father myself and my son Was Owen's (his brother) best mate in junior school, and they were a lovely family. My heart goes out to all the family as I can not imagine what they must be going thru, my deepest regards to you all, and justice will prevail. Mark Peters
* R.I.P. Rhys, our deepest and heartfelt sympathies go out to his parents, brother, family and friends. His family have shown amazing strength and courage during this horrific time, he would be so proud. Such a tragic waste of a precious life. I hope little Rhys is up there somewhere, kicking a ball around with Dixie Dean and Alan Ball, in a safer place where he will always be loved and remembered. Goodnight, God Bless, Devastated Blue, Louise & family. Wales
* God bless you little fella, deepest sympathy go to the Jones family at this very sad time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all at this incredibly sad and tragic time. All our love. The Winrow & McGrath families.
* My deepest heart felt sympathy goes out to Mr and Mrs Jones, Owen and family at this sad, sad time. Rhys will now be meeting all the great players of the past in heaven. Every goal Everton score, will be for you Rhys, Every time we win a trophy, your name will be inscribed on it. Rest in peace little fella, god bless. Stephen Woodside, Huyton.
* I find it very hard to comprehend what this family are going through because every time I see news clips on the TV or read things in the paper it is so hard to hold back the tears and emotion I feel along with the great anger I feel for these MONSTERS. Wannabe's that's all they are and something needs to be done NOW not tomorrow. God Bless this family. Mike H
* I watched the match at 12mn Singapore time on Sunday and was touched by the minute's applause - my eyes nearly welled up. Wish the boy's family all the best and strength to carry on with life... Regards. Jiing Yih
* Rest In Peace Rhys. Sleep tight. Lots of Love, Lou and family.XXXXXXX
* Rest in Peace Rhys. God Bless the Jones’s. True Blue. Johannesburg
* Such a crying shame. Hope you are watching your beloved toffees with Bally, Dixie to name a few.....The Pattinsons, Bavaria (toffees and toon army)
* I am a mad Evertonian based in South Wales and cannot believe the events of last week, with poor little Rhys Jones' life being taken from him, I am absolutely shocked by this incident and cannot even begin to imagine what his parents are going through, and my deepest sympathy go out to them. The club has been magnificent in their support of the family and the support shown by the thousands of Evertonians at the ground on Saturday would never have been matched anywhere - we are the peoples club! With that in mind, and the fact that we have a new stadium on the horizon, what about naming a stand, box, or even a walkway after this little boy......Rhys and his passion for our club should NEVER be forgotten! Thanks. Simon
* The heart and soul of an everton lad, Wearing that royal blue shirt kicking the leather ball about with fellow blues. One day could have been your debut on the famous goodison green grass, but it was spoiled! I hope this person really regrets his actions. Once a blue, always a blue! Ross Clark.
* WHY? LOVE AND SYMPATHY TO ALL THE FAMILY. LOVE. THE HARNICK FAMILY.
* To all Evertonians from a Toffee in Sydney, Australia: I heard about poor young Rhys’ tragedy. All my sincerest condolences and heartfelt sorrow are sent from Australia. I wish all the best to Rhys’ family and friends in this difficult time. I very much hope that the thugs who have done this get what they deserve… a life behind jail and eternal retribution. RIP little blue man. Bruce.
* To the Jones family – our hearts and thoughts are with you. I hope you remain strong and keep the memory of little Rhys strong in your hearts and minds. He will live long in everyone else’s, this I’m sure of. His seat at Goodison Park should forever bare his name. Once again our deepest sympathies to you all. Daniele and the Zanato family in South Africa
* WATCHED THE PICS OF THE POOR POOR LADS FAMILY IN TEARS AT THE BLACKBURN GAME. I AM GENUINELY HEART BROKEN FOR THEM ALL. REALLY HAD A HUGE EFFECT ON ME. WHEN WILL THIS UTTER MADNESS END? MY HEART FELT SYMPATHIES TO THEM ALL. CHARLIE ARMSTRONG
* R.I.P. Rhys. Even though I didn't know you, I feel like I've lost one of my own. Was choking back the tears at the game on Saturday. I've never heard noise like it in all the years I've been going to Goodison. Hope you were watching mate. We'll try and win something for you this year kid. Goodnight and God Bless. Billy
* To Mr, Mrs Jones & Owen. Although I don't know you or you me, I would like to offer my deepest sympathy to you and all your family on the death of your son Rhys. R.I.P. Little one. From the Rowlands family in Runcorn
* R.I.P. what a tragedy such a young kid to be taken away R.I.P.
Today at Goodison we said goodbye,
* RIP Rhys. Our thoughts and prayers are with your family. You will be forever in the hearts of Evertonians xxxx. Joanna and Ben . Northern Ireland
* R.I.P. Rhys. Maureen Johnson.
* My 8 year old son saw the picture of Rhys boots on notw today. He has the same pair for his 8th birthday. Ben says he will score loads of goals for Rhys this season. He is only 8 but understands how sad this all is RIP God bless xx. ehbayes
* I didn't know Rhys sadly. But he sounded like a lovely little boy. Shocking that he has gone to heaven so soon. He was only young, and didn't deserve to be taken to heaven so soon on in his life. My thoughts and sympathy are with Rhys' family. R.I.P. Little man. Gemma. xx
* Rest in peace little man, Justice will be done and hopefully some goodness will come out of this tragic and unnecessary death of a little true blue.....My prayers and sympathy go out to your loving family. love. Jackie Edwards and family
* Rest in Peace toffeeboyblue. I feel for your family and friends. Once a blue always a blue. Andrew, Oswestry
* I can't believe the scum that live around here. To take the life of an 11 year old innocent kid. I am ashamed to say that i come from Croxteth! Such a waste of a young life. Deepest sympathy to all the Jones family, thinking of you at this awful time. R.I.P. Rhys, sleep tight little man. NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM. Once A Blue, Always A Blue. From Selina & Family
* R.I.P. Rhys, you sounded like such a lovely boy. I think this poem is appropriate for you and for your family. Tony Bilsborough and family xxxxxx
* To the parents & brother of little Rhys. We would like to offer our condolences to you and all your family after the brutal killing of your little Angel.… we too have lost our 12 yr. old Daughter Rachel, she fell after climbing a tree trying to spot the eggs in a birds nest. Rachel was into wildlife in a big way. We take great pleasure in knowing that nobody harmed our daughter, and feel for you at the horrific way that your Rhys was murdered. It's been just over 2 yrs now since we lost Rachel and we are still struggling to come to terms with it. We are sending you our love & what little strength we have left to help you cope at this very very sad time. Arlene & Graham Stewart xx
* RIP Rhys. A true blue who would have been so proud to see the whole of Goodison salute him on Saturday. Deepest sympathy and condolences to the Jones family. You in our thoughts and prayers right now. Fergal & Sheelagh McGuire.
* Goodnight and Godbless. R.I.P. Rhys. Gemma (Wigan) xx
* R.I.P. Rhys m8 ull never b forgotten! Love Jason Peters xxx
* To all the Jones family. Deepest sympathy on the loss of your handsome talented son. You are in our thoughts and prayers. R.I.P. Rhys. Love Annmarie and Andy Smith and family.
* I was lucky enough yesterday to watch the game with my kids, both of similar age to Rhys. When the tribute began I felt myself welling up and held my kids close-I felt lucky. Lucky to have my kids and lucky to be an Evertonian. Did I feel embarrassed to be seen to be upset- NO as when I looked around everyone was the showing the same emotion. Good night, God Bless, Rhys! If only all the worlds problems could be sorted by a kickabout, I am sure the big fella up there has you in his first eleven. The Stephens Family.
* Evertonians are born not manufactured. Such a waste. Good night god bless. Rest in peace little man. Mick Upper Gwladys.
* Rest in Peace little Toffee. Enjoy your kickabouts up there and make the sky a little bit more Everton blue. AndrewM & family
* I CAN'T IMAGINE WHAT PAIN STEPHEN, MELANIE & OWEN ARE GOING THROUGH AT THIS SAD TIME IN THERE LIVES. THEY HAVE LOST SOMETHING SO PRECIOUS TO THEM ALL. RHYS WAS TAKEN BY A THUG WHO HAD NOTHING BETTER TO DO AND I SO HOPE THE POLICE FIND HIM AND LET HIM SUFFER LIKE THE FAMILY OF RHYS ARE DOING. HE SHOULD ROT IN PRISON FOR A VERY LONG TIME. WORDS WON'T EVER BRING RHYS BACK TO HIS LOVING FAMILY BUT I JUST WANT TO SEND MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY AND LOVE TO STEPHEN, MELANIE AND OWEN. AS A MOTHER MYSELF I JUST HOPE THEY MANAGE TO HELP EACH OTHER THROUGH THIS TRAGIC TIME. MELANIE I THINK YOU DID SO WELL AT THE MATCH YESTERDAY AND OWEN YOUR MESSAGE ON HERE IS SO FROM THE HEART SENDING LOVE FROM A MUM IN OLDHAM. Lesley Donoghue
* R.I.P. Rhys Jones no-one deserves 2 die at such a young age you had all your life ahead for you, people will now realise how bad gun crime is and something WILL be done. rip little boy sleep tight xx Tate Smith.
* God rest your soul, my heart and all the love I have goes out to you and all your family and friends. All my love Carl. Cardiff Evertonian.
although we've never met you Rhys
we live our
lives from day to day
but now your
life has ended short,
one thing we know for certain,
With deepest sympathy to the jones family. Regards Pete Farrell(uncle) Josh Bailey(nephew) age9.
* Rest in peace little man. God bless all the Jones family. Alan. Kirkby.
* TO THE FAMILY OF (YOUNG TOFFEE) RHYS JONES MAY I OFFER MY DEEPEST SYMPATHY TO YOU ALL RHYS MAY BE GONE BUT WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN BY ALL US BLUENOSES (R.I.P. RHYS). THE KENNEDY FAMILY KIRKDALE
* RHYS, LITTLE TOFFEEMAN. THINKING OF YOU AND YOUR FAMILY, GOODBYE AND GODBLESS FROM A KOPITE IN TEARS. Gary Hutchins.
* WHY? Love and sympathy to you all. Rest in peace Rhys. BARBARA .
* Rest in peace little Rhys - I just wanted to offer my deepest sympathy on behalf of all Arsenal fans. No words can ease the pain the family and friends are feeling. The thoughts of the whole football world are with you at this difficult time. Lee of the North Bank
* Rhys. Nil Satis Nisi Optimum. Sums you up young man. Deepest sympathy to the Jones family. Don and Family x
* I can not think of the pain the Jones family are going thou at this moment. I have 2 boys who love's Everton and football as well. Deepest sympathy to rhys and his family. R.I.P LITTLE RHYS. ONCE A BLUE ALWAYS A BLUE X X from Lisa, Paul, Jack and Harry (Darwen Lancs).
* Rest in peace little fella. So so sad. The Croly family Spurs fans.
* The applause at Goodison yesterday was one of the most moving moments I have experienced. I am sure Rhys will be met at the heavens gates by Dixie, Labby and Bally to take him for a kick about. My deepest sympathy to his family and friends. RIP little toffee. Mark
* for Mr & Mrs Jones & Owen my heart goes out to your family in this horrible time you are going through because of some little scumbag who doesn't realise the hurt & agony that he is putting your family through. I just hope wee Rhys is in a better place now and now no one can harm him. I am from Cumnock, Ayrshire, Scotland and the senselessness of this crime against a defenceless wee boy has been felt right through Britain so hopefully time will heal your pain and yours can put your lives back into perspective and the police catch the scum who did this terrible crime. My thoughts are with you at this time. James Wilson
* I look at my son running around the garden kicking his ball wearing his kit reading this article about your son the tears are rolling down my face. He is the same age I ask the question why ! There is no answer wrong place wrong time. Life is so cruel. You will always remember that smile, the last time he kissed you, the last time you shouted at him,you will always expect him to come through that door and do you no what he's there he's all over your house sat next to you at the table. No one can take that away My sincerest condolences to you and your family and hope that sometime in the future you can somehow come to terms with your loss. The people that did this crime will be caught but the punishment will never fit the crime. Bill a Manc from down the road.
* Our family pass our deepest and sincerest condolences to the Jones family on the tragic passing of their young man, Rhys. We watched the interview on the BBC---Good family, - We thought "it could happen to anyone of us", and the way Rhys family conducted themselves is without peer. But it reduced us to tears. We feel for you in this hour of grief and grieve with you. The big blue family is yours when you need it, that is without saying. But what can be learned. If it is a tribal thing that people are suggesting, then it's gone way over. It needs to be fixed and the ones best equipped are the communities themselves. Football violence of the 70's and 80's is a all but in the history books-The clubs looked after that. This 'tribal' violence can be too. The tribal breast beating has been in the animal kingdom since Noah was a blue. But we have the intelligence to tame it, and coupled with the strong desire, it can be. I was born in Scotty Rd in the late 60's, moving through Kirkdale, Bootle, and settling to grow up in the Walton Vale area. Like young Rhys, I was/am a mad blue and my team used play behind the Chaser pub in Fazakerly, like Rhys's. I used to ride my bike to football. I was kid after all. That's what kids do. I was a right back, and in 1979, we won the double, and were unbeaten in the league. I just won a place at St Francis Xaviers College in the 11plus. I had the world at my feet so I thought.....On 23rd July, I was knocked off my bike at the Melling Rd off the A59 turn by a car. I was Rhys's age, looking forward to 'big school". I was left in a coma for a week, woke up from my Alder Hay bed, discharged myself, and walked home to Walton Vale. We were lucky, but I never played football again that well, and my confidence wasn't the same for a few years. Still lucky though. July 23rd is my mum's birthday. Lucky. But that was an accident. This is not. It should not happen Life was good growing up in that area; we used to hang around, and occasionally meet other 'tribes'. We are animals after all. But no knives, no guns and some respect for human life. So whether you're in Sparrow Hall, Dodge City, the Vale, Fazak, Norris Green, Crocky, Kirkby, Huyton, Bootle.....or anywhere else, respect what you have and don't destroy the spirit of the northend/southend or any end for that matter. If there are members of your estate who carry guns, knives or engage in that kind of behaviour, including drugs- stop them or shop them. You don't need them. Liverpool doesn't need them. Humankind doesn't need them like that, so time to reprogramme them. That is were the legislatures steps in...... This wouldn't happen if you took the 'tribe' into your own hands, like the Scotland Rd community of old, and look after each other. There was always an open door. Without drugs, that spirit, can be rekindled. You owe it yourselves. But most importantly, you owe it the Jones family. Shop this idiot and any other like him. Clean the community for Rhys's memory. God Bless the Jones Family. God Bless You Rhys. Gerard, Colleen and Caitlin. Melbourne
* I remember playing football as a kid and never worried about being shot or stabbed come to think of it. All i had to worry about was how to explain to my mam why i was home late. By the sounds of it Rhys you were the same you lived for Football. You were taken in such a way nobody should be, i hope the person or people who done this can live with themselves. May Dixie Dean and Alan Ball give you a kick around. From one blue to another. R.I.P. Rhys. Stuart Lawley
* The bravery and dignity of Rhys' mum and dad has been incredible. There can be no doubt that this young boy would have been a fine young man. I hope that the family took comfort from the 40,000 at the game today. There are many millions thinking of you all now. Mike B... parent and Evertonian
* I stood and cried today. Steve, Melanie, Owen. I could never have stood like you stood today while 36,000 people clapped their appreciation of your child. If it was me, I would never have had the strength you had. Steve, when you spoke of the son you had lost and the preparations you had made as a family for him to start at senior school, then it was so much my family. That is what we would have done for our kids when they were about to start senior school. Your family seems so much like mine. A loving close-knit family. It has to be said, you seem a typical non-dysfunctional family like millions of others in this country. Your kids - a credit to the way you have brought them up. Not ones who cause distress to anyone, teachers, neighbours, family or authorities. It is a totally senseless crime and one where we will never understand why. My thoughts and prayers are for you. Phil Roberts
* Even though I live a long way away I feel as if this has happened outside my house to one of my own children. One of our own family of Evertonians has been mindlessly killed when he had so much to live for. It really does bring tears to the eyes of a grown man who remembers how he used to play footie all day long when he was 11, before going home for a telling off for playing out too long. It has been a very humbling experience for me and I would like to send my family's sincerest condolences to Rhys' family who you can instantly tell are decent people and also incredibly brave attending the match today. I hope that something will now be done to stop this gun culture and if it is I know that we will all know that little Rhys was the catalyst. RIP wee fella. Karl Masters and Family
* R.I.P. RHYS JONES. NIL SATIS NISI OPTIMUM. JAY L6
* R.I.P. Rhys, true blue. We can't begin to believe what the family is feeling, but Mr and Mrs Jones have handled it in such a way that we can only sit back an admire. R.I.P. Rhys another young life wasted over gun violence. Rhys = once a blue always a blue. Michael Redfern.
* Killed for nothing. Its such a shame that a young lad can be taken from his family just like that! Another Evertonian is now playing on that pitch in the sky! Come on you blue boys this year, do Rhys proud.. R.I.P Rhys - Dave, Manchester Evertonian
* God bless you little fella. Prayers and thoughts with his family at the awful time. Colin S
* That one minute applause today was fantastic, every Evertonian and even the 20 Blackburn fans there did a fantastic job of remembering young Rhys. R.I.P. Rhys mate, such a shame. Chris Barrell, Lower Gwladys
* RIP. My hero x. Aaron
* Although I didn't know you little fella, goodnight god bless. My deepest heartfelt sympathies to the family of rhys, i am a mum of four and cant even begin to imagine what you must be feeling, you are in our prayers. R.I.P. Rhys x. Paul
God Bless and my sincere condolences to the family of young Rhys. This
should never have happened and we cannot imagine what all of the family
is being put through at this sad time. Keep watching the blue boys and
have a good kick a bout up there in blue heaven RIP !!
* Just one question:- Why? God bless you both, you don't deserve this. Tony.
* Our thoughts are with you at this terrible time. Stephen. Boro Fan
* To Rhys' family my deepest sympathy, words are totally inadequate, what has happened is appalling, it is beyond evil. If anyone knows anything please do the decent thing, I remember a saying which rings very true at the moment, bad things happen when good people do nothing. RIP little Toffee. Jan
* Look down on our blue boys Rhys, when we win it's all for you. RIP x. Evertongirl1982
* What a horrible thing for any parent to endure. Rhys' dad was right it shouldn't be happening and especially not to children. I was only concerned whether we were going to get Yakubu this week when we all heard this shocking news of little Rhys, now I couldn't care less. Christ sometimes you think you are having a bad day, then this and you feel guilty for even getting a gob on cos things aren't going as you would like. Well done Mr & Mrs Jones you have carried yourselves with the utmost dignity and the little fella would be proud of you both. No doubt Rhys is up there now being regaled with stories from Bally, Labby, Dixie and the others. Lets all hope the brave young man responsible is dealt with swiftly and that there are no more atrocities. RIP little man. Paul Cully
* I grew up in the streets and gutters in Liverpool. A city I am well and truly proud to say I come from. I ended up on the wrong side of the law, and ended up in borstals/jails etc. In those days, and I suppose today as well, it would never enter my head to assist the police in anyway whatsoever. To be classed as a grass was not even worth thinking about. If I had any information about the dirty lowlife scum who shot young Rhys I would turn him in myself and not even bat an eyelid. To the parents of 17/18 year old kids in the area where this happened I suspect they will have great knowledge of importance to the police, information their own children have supplied them with. I urge you to help the police and get these pieces of scum off the streets. Deepest sympathy to all the family from Evertonians all over the world. Anon.
* Always remembered by every Evertonian in and out of Goodison on saturday. Lets see what the blues can do for you against Blackburn m8 and have a kickabout up there with Alan ball an big Brian. once a blue always a blue. Space Man
* Rest in peace little man, far away from this horrible world you lived in. Dixie, Labby and Bally will look after you. My thoughts are with your family and friends. Andy.
* I cannot begin to imagine the pain and anguish that the Jones family are feeling right now. I wasn’t lucky enough to have known or to have ever meet Rhys but we are blue and we are all family. I know that the minutes silence at Goodison park today 25/08/2007 will be impeccably observed by both Everton fans and Blackburn fans. To the Jones family I send my deepest and most heartfelt condolences. Rhys, rest in peace my little blue friend. BigCol
* Rest in peace Rhys, you will always be a blue. From Chris and Ali Shanklin. Isle of Wight
* R.I.P. wee man, The whole Everton family are united in grief over this tragedy, kinda put the stadium debate into perspective, I'm so sorry for all of your family and friends. C.P
* To the Jones family deepest sympathy on the loss of your son lets hope they catch the scum that did this you are all in my thoughts and prayers. Goodnight god bless Rhys. You will be missed. Scouseboy
* RIP little man. Hope the blues do you proud and you enjoy your kickabouts in heaven with the rest of the blues who are taken from us. surreyblue
* This is a tragic story of a a great fan supporting his beloved blues up to his untimely death. May his soul rest in peace. blackandblu
* In times of tragedy, I look to times that have made me smile to help me out. I remember the first time a girl smiled at me in school and how I found the courage to leggit when I saw her waiting for me at the gates. I also remember my nana's onion gravy on a Sunday and smell of her home-made apples pies. I also recall the day I scored an injury-time own-goal for the school team; it was semi-final in the cup and in the depths of winter. We were defending a corner and I was playing left-back and so marking the back post. As the ball came-in our goalie screamed "Keepers" the ball squirmed through his fingers and landed at the foot of their forward; he took aim and sliced his shot against the post I was marking - it came off the post, hit my heal and before I could react it went in. At the final whistle a moment or so later I felt like crying (in-fact I'm sure I did), as I cursed myself I quickly headed for the showers; but then, to my complete surprise my team-mates grabbed me and one-by-one hugged me to the words "f##k it!"
The death of little Rhys this week had me recalling all and more of the above. When I'm taking my seat in the Park-End of the ground, I'll think about a little Evertonian unable to do the same. God bless you Rhys from a fellow Evertonian! Michael (Fazakerley)
* R.I.P Rhys. once a blue always a blue. Tom Taylor (Jersey)
* Rest In Peace, little Toffee.
From a son
to a father,
* rest in peace Rhys you will be in our hearts forever god bless from all evertonians everywhere. steaxefc
* R.I.P Rhys......u will never be forgotten kid.... Starch
* For Rhys
we celebrate, on our feet with cheers
From a grieving blue. Geoff.
* Deepest Sympathy to the whole of his family and his young friends. Good night, God bless you Rhys. This poor lad has been taken from his family and friends, and didn't deserve it. R.I.P Another Blue Life Taken, There's A Reason The Skys Blue. Marston.
* RIP Rhys - no-one deserves what happened to you, least of all a young lad who had only been playing footy. Mr & Mrs Jones -for what it is worth, your son would have been proud of the way you have handled yourselves at this tragic time. I sincerely doubt that I could have acted with such dignity. Our thoughts are with you, your family and of course Rhys. Once a blue, always a blue!! Up Yer Gwladys.
* Rest in peace little toffee. toffeemac philadelphia.
It is so hard to believe that a young lad coming home from playing football
could be murdered in such a merciless way. God only knows what the family
are going through. For what its worth the Jones family you have my deepest
sympathy. To Rhys good night young toffee may it always be a blue heaven.
And to those that might know anything please search your souls and do
the right thing. Now is not the time to stay silent. Emma Haddock
* What a tragedy. And what a tragic waste of a young life. I have watched the news bulletins with tears in my eyes as I am a father myself. I am sure no words can describe how Rhys’s family must feel right now but I just wanted to say that all good people of Merseyside and beyond are thinking of you at this dreadful time and all Evertonians will share a portion of your grief. Christian Watson. Mold
* A TRUE LITTLE BLUE ONLY LENT NOT GIVEN TO BLOOM ON EARTH AND BLOSSOM IN HEAVEN SUCH A PRECIOUS LITTLE BOY. DEEPEST SYMPATHY TO RHYS' FAMILY. WILL BE FOREVER IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS GOODNIGHT GOD BLESS RHYS. A TRUE AND BROKEN HEARTED BLUE PAT AND FAMILYXX
* RIP little fella. Deepest Sympathy to the Jones family. Yet another Blue has been taken from us, this world can be such a cold place. I hope they catch the scum who done this pronto. Michelle Mc.
* May I offer my deepest sympathy and condolences to the family and friends of little Rhys. This horrific incident has not only deeply shocked and disturbed many thousands of Evertonians, but it has touched the whole nation. I have a 13 year old son who is also fanatical about Everton, and like many other Blues I take great pride and pleasure from taking him to the match. I can't even begin to imagine the grief that the family are feeling right now in dealing with the tragic loss of their child. God Bless you little Rhys and God Bless his parents for their sheer courage and dignity. Please know that the 'Everton Family' are sharing your pain at this sad time. Gary Chisnall
* Rest in peace little one. Our prayers and thoughts are with the family. This should never of happened to a little boy who had his whole life in front of him. It shouldn't of happened at all. When will this gun crime stop? As a mother myself it saddens me to think that someone out there knows what happened.They should think about how the family are feeling and come forward. From fellow blues. Irene & Bren Ruane.
If you have information, please contact Merseyside Police on 0151 777 8722. You can also contact by texting the word CRIME followed by your message to 61051, or e-mail your information to email@example.com. If you prefer, you can provide information anonymously by contacting Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
If anyone would like to send their own tribute, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Snapshots | Young Toffees
| Sting Ray | Sausage's
Cod Pieces | Captain Haddock | Look-A-Likes | Tomorrow's Chip Papers
Top Toffee Ale 'ouses| Home